Last updated: December 13th, 2018
At Sandia Mesa Animation Studios, protecting your privacy is very important. And because of that, we want to explain our practices with regards to data collection, use, and disclosure of information that we receive through our websites’ services.
Collection and Use of Information
Information Collected or Received from You
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our websites’ services, to administer your use of the Services (including your Account, if you are an Account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our websites’ services. If you create an Account, we will collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your email address and, if you opt to add it, a photograph or picture of you (“PII”). Creating an Account also requires a username, which may or may not be PII depending on your username. You can choose to provide other information about yourself, which will be made part of your Account’s profile (“Profile”).
When you visit any of Sandia Mesa’s websites and/or use their services, we record certain information about how a person uses them (we refer to this information as “Log Data”), including both, Account holders and non-Account holders. Log Data may include PII on you, such as your IP Address. Such Log Data is analyzed to help us improve and enhance our services. IP addresses are anonymized in our Log Data. You have the right to opt-out of Log Data being collected on you. This can be done by either opting out via the Data Management Center or enabling “Do Not Track” in your web browser. In addition, you may request access to or the deletion of such Log Data collected on you. Otherwise, Log Data may be recorded indefinitely.
When you vote in a poll, regardless of whether you’re a user or not, we may collect PII on you, such as your IP Address. However, the webmaster must delete the information at least 10 days after the poll has closed. This is to help prevent any sort of data breach and/or other employees from using this information to target and/or harass people based on a disagreement.
Third Party Disclosure
Sandia Mesa will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice and/or consent. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- We agree to inform users about the data we collect and with whom it is being shared.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR)
EU GDPR is a regulation that ensures data protection and privacy for all individuals living in the EU. According to this regulation, we agree to the following:
- Users have the right to give and withdraw consent in an intelligible and easily accessible form.
- We will alert users of a data breach within 72 hours of being aware of the breach through emails to users, social media posts, and notification bars on the top of webpages.
- Users have the right to access what data’s been collected on them in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Users have the right to be forgotten, meaning they have the right to request that the data controller delete their personal data.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the United States’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Email a reset password option.
- Notify you of your registration and welcome you to the Sandia Mesa websites network.
- Subscribe to a newsletter. This includes confirming your subscription and sending newsletters to you as appropriate to your subscription.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can either click the “Unsubscribe” button in the newsletters sent or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.